The global surgical microscopes market size is expected to reach USD 2.9 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to register a CAGR of 11.37% from 2022 to 2030. With the advent of surgical microscopes, it became easier for surgeons to perform such procedures more accurately in less time. In addition, the introduction of technologically advanced products is driving the demand for surgical microscopes as they are more precise, offer better illumination sources, and provide options for customization and technology integration based on the complexity of the procedures.
Emerging technologies such as wide-angle illumination, Red Reflex illumination, automation and augmented reality microscopy are expected to boost the market growth. International players like Carl Zeiss Meditec AG and Leica Microsystems are contributing to the market by providing highly advanced, automated, and robotic surgical microscopes for more precision.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, hospitals decided to suspend all the elective and non-urgent surgeries, which has negatively impacted the market. However, with the ease of restrictions, treatments are resuming in many countries, including developing nations. Also, many companies, such as Alcon and Carl Zeiss, have resumed their business operations with the given government guidelines to deliver their orders.
Surgical Microscopes Market Report Highlights
• On casters was the largest type segment in 2021 due to the high portability flexibility and low maintenance requirements of these tools. Moreover, the segment is expected to register the fastest growth over the forecast period due to the high use of casters microscope in various surgical fields
• The ophthalmology application segment accounted for the maximum revenue share in 2021. However, the ENT surgery segment is expected to register the fastest CAGR from 2022 to 2030. According to data published by The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, tympanostomy tube insertion surgery, also known as ear tube surgery, is the most commonly performed surgery in children in the U.S. More than 4,000 ear tube surgeries are performed each year at the hospital. Thus, an increasing number of ENT procedures is likely to favor segment growth
• Carl Zeiss Meditec AG and Leica Microsystems (Danaher Corporation) are the major players in the surgical microscopes market. Launch of new products, acquisitions, and geographic expansion are some of the strategies being adopted by key players in the market. In February 2019, Danaher Corporation acquired the Biopharma business of GE Healthcare, which also includes microscopy products the company
• Manufacturers such as Alcon, Nikon, and Carl Zeiss reported the decreases in the revenue in the second quarter of the year 2020 due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic which affected the supply chain of most of the companies. Currently, most of the companies have resumed their business and are delivering orders within the given guidelines pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic
Life Science Microscopes Industry Size was valued at USD 3.36 Billion in 2021 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 8.9% during 2022 to 2030.
Surgical Microscopes Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global surgical microscopes market report based on type, application, end use, and region:
Surgical Microscopes Market - Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• On Casters
• Wall Mounted
• Ceiling Mounted
Surgical Microscopes Market - Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery
• ENT Surgery
• Plastic Reconstructive Surgeries
• Other Surgeries
Surgical Microscopes Market - End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• Physician Clinics and Other Settings
Surgical Microscopes Market - Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Latin America
• Middle East Africa (MEA)
List of Key Players in Surgical Microscopes Market
• Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
• Leica Microsystems
• Olympus Corp.
• Hagg-Streit Surgical GmbH
• Synaptive Medical
• Alcon, Inc.
• Topcon Corp.
• Takagi Seiko Co., Ltd.
• ARI Medical Technology Co., Ltd.
• Chammed Co., Ltd.
• Seiler Instrument, Inc.
Request free sample copy of Life Science Microscopes Industry Data Book @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/sector-report/life-science-microscopes-industry-data-book/request/rs1