Stem Cells Industry Overview
The global stem cells market size generated a revenue of USD 9.38 billion in 2020. It is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8% from 2021 to 2028.
The factors contributing to the growth include increasing demand for biologics, technological advancement in stem cell therapeutics, and a growing focus on the development of personalized medicines. The increasing focus on the treatment of neurological disorders contributes to the market expansion. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), around 7.1% of the total global burden of diseases is cerebrovascular diseases and neurological disorders. Hence, companies are conducting basic research and preclinical trials for testing the regenerative capacity of stem cells in the treatment of neurological conditions.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Stem Cells Market
For instance, in May 2020 Celavie Biosciences advanced its 5-year exploratory study on Parkinson’s disease. The company is developing regenerative stem cell therapies for treating central nervous system disorders and Parkinson’s disease. Celavie Biosciences released successful results for their exploratory clinical trials of OK99 stem cells for Parkinson’s disease.
Moreover, the gaining popularity of personalized medicines is further contributing to the market growth. Researchers are discovering new procurement methods that can be further applied for developing personalized medicines. For instance, iPSC therapies are developed using a small amount of sample from a patient’s blood or skin cell that is later reprogrammed to form new cells and tissue for transplant. Hence, with the application of these cells, potential personalized medicines can be developed.
Furthermore, Companies are focusing on developing therapies for reducing different stress associated with COVID-19. For instance, in October 2020, NoveCite and Novellus Therapeutics Limited entered into a partnership for developing commercializing NoveCite iPSCs for treating COVID-19 associated Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS). The process has multimodal immunomodulatory mechanisms of action, which makes it a promising therapy for treating acute respiratory diseases.
Browse through Grand View Research's Biotechnology Industry Research Reports
- Biobanks Market: The global biobanks market size was valued at USD 66.7 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.6% from 2022 to 2030
- Downstream Processing Market: The global downstream processing market size was estimated at USD 26.6 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.0% from 2022 to 2030.
Stem Cells Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global stem cells market based on product, application, technology, therapy, and region:
Stem Cells Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
- Adult Stem Cells (ASCs)
- Human Embryonic Stem Cells (HESCs)
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs)
- Very Small Embryonic Like Stem Cells
Stem Cells Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
- Regenerative Medicine
- Cardiovascular and Myocardial Infraction
- Liver Disorder
- Drug Discovery and Development
Stem Cells Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
- Cell Acquisition
- Bone Marrow Harvest
- Umbilical Blood Cord
- Cell Production
- Therapeutic Cloning
- In-vitro Fertilization
- Cell Culture
- Expansion and Sub-Culture
Stem Cells Therapy Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
Stem Cells Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Market Share Insights
- February 2021: Notch Therapeutics, Inc. received funding of USD 85 million for developing induced pluripotent therapies for cancer.
- September 2020: Researchers from Duke-NUS and Monash University discovered the first stem cell that can help in the treatment of placenta complications during pregnancy.
Key Companies profiled:
Some key participants operating in the global stem cells market include:
- CELGENE CORPORATION
- ReNeuron Group plc
- Virgin Health Bank
- Biovault family
- Precious Cells International Ltd
- Mesoblast Ltd
- Seneca Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Opexa Therapeutics, Inc.
- Pluristem Therapeutics Inc
- STEMCELL Technologies Inc.
- ThermoGenesis Holdings, Inc
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Cellular Engineering Technologies
- BioTime, Inc.
Order a free sample PDF of the Stem Cells Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that